2011年1月20日星期四

Implicit Association Test

             Tonight I took the " Fat and Thin" and "Gender" part in the Implicit Association Test. My result of "Fat and Thin", it shows "Slight automatic preference for Thin People compared to Fat People."  The first test I took made me feel so nervous, because I was worried about does the test will record the point, and after the test, I know that just for examine personal charater, just for my own opinion. The test sorce really surprised me, I was think about my real thinking is I was strong like thin people perfer fat people. Because in this society, almost people would like to lost weight and make them more thinner. And for some reason, thin people looks more healthy and beatiful. Woman always want to eat less and lost their weight in order to make them looks good and attracted. And the test shows my real heart thinking, definely. People always thinking theirself own opinion is not same as the real thinking of themself. But they only do not know it.
        
            My second test is " Gender" part, it examine me about how strong relationship between man with science, and woman with liberal arts. At the end of test, it shows me my result is " Men and science, liberal arts women and moderate contact". I feel agree with this result. In many yeas ago, I feel men should to study science, and  women should to learn liberal arts. Men study science ability  is much better than women do. They have better understanding and hands-on ability. In my steretotype, I strong think women match with liberal, and most of men should to study science. However, rencetly years, my mind is changed, especially after I went to America. In china, most nurse and teacher are women, most police and technician are men to do. It is an interesting phenomemon, if a man to apply nurse job, it looks strange. It is a little bit difference between U.S.A. and China, in Amercia, a lot of men do teaching works, and some women also do police work. And in here, some people have many skills and study double major in college.
       
          In this society, we have too much steretotype to thinking about something or someone, it depens on your own studying, gender, which book you read, which type people you met, or country, age... Everyone has own thinking of this world. We are effected by many factors. Even though we have some regular thinking about this world, we still need more flexible to treat it.

1 条评论: